New to Canada
You’ve moved to Canada, welcome! Home Ownership is POSSIBLE!
It’s a time of many changes for you and your family. One of the things you’ll certainly want to consider is purchasing a home to settle into. Owning a home is a source of pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment, not to mention an investment that can grow over time to benefit you and your family. Before you begin shopping for a new home, it’s important to know how much you qualify for, and how much you can afford. In addition to purchasing a home, other expenses will include heating and utilities, property taxes, home maintenance, and insurance. I’m here to help… and remember, there is NO COST to you!
- Opportunity: helping new Canadians own their home sooner and become economically established in Canada
- Low down payment: as little as 5% down
- Flexible: fixed, variable, or adjustable rate mortgages available
- Common-sense evaluation: all files are reviewed by individual circumstances
Credit and work history are very important when trying to obtain a mortgage. But as a newcomer to Canada, you may not have a credit history that is accessible to Canadian lenders — we can look at other options, including your international credit bureau and/or other bill payments/history here in Canada.
Here are some tips that will help you show a lender you are able to repay a mortgage:
- Open a bank account and use it regularly
- Consistently pay your bills on time — including rent, utilities, cable, and insurance premiums
- Apply for small loans from your bank to starting proving that you can pay on time
- Apply for a credit card
- Try to stay with the same employer for an extended period of time
Call me to get started – I look forward to working with you!